domingo, 24 de abril de 2011

Never cross a bunny

Bunny star
bunny across the road
There are no hot cross buns here. At least I couldn't see none.
So, we made our own. 
I think they were a medium success.
I followed this receta by getting Flaite to read it out so I wouldn't get flour in the keys. In the end I don't think I put enough flour in as the dough was very sticky and batter-y and not so doughy. 
I left it to rise overnight and had dreams of the dough overflowing the bowl and seeping across the floor and up the bed and covering us in a doughy doona of sultanas and mixed spice....

then I woke up and slip-slapped that dough into bun shapes, popped 'em into the oven sin cruces and after being instructed to double their baking time by Flaite, 
we got
golden brown sweet 'n' spicy bunnies

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario